Searching...
Tuesday 24 April 2012

Best Friends


A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During the journey they had a small argument and one friend slapped the other one in his face.

The one who got slapped became hurt, but without saying anything, he wrote on the sand “Today my best friend slapped me in my face”.

best-friend
Best Friends
They kept on walking, throughout some point of the journey they found a stream, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got jammed in the mire and started drowning, but his friend saved him. After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone “Today my best friend saved my life”.

The friend who had slapped and saved his life he asked him, should I have some question for you? His friend said of course you can. His best friend asked “After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?” The other friend replied “When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.”
 
Back to top!